To make it as easy as possible for you, we have prepared a list of frequently asked questions by our customers when using our services.
- To receive a money transfer, you must have the following: an official identity document with your legal name.
- Reference number – ask for the reference number from the person who sent you the money transfer. Please note that your name on the money transfer document filled by the sender must exactly conform with the name on your official identity document.
The reference number is required!
- Find representation Prepare the following with youFor all send
- a valid photo ID;
- the full name of the recipient of the identity document and its location;
- the amount you want to send and the corresponding fees.
If you are sending the money to a bank account, you must provide the bank name and account number to the recipient
If you are sending to a mobile wallet, you must have a mobile phone number and an international dialing code
- Makе а money transfer
If necessary, fill up form for sending. Give the agent additional form and the corresponding amount (including money transfer fees)
- Notify the recipient
Save the note and share with the recipient an 8-digit reference number to receive the amount. The money sent to a bank account or mobile wallet are deposited directly into the account.
The requirements depend on the state and the representative. Contact MoneyGram representatives for details on their procedures and rules. When filling out a money transfer form, you must indicate the exact name of the recipient, according to the identity document that will be presented upon receipt of the amount. For example John D. Smith IS NOT the same as John David Smith.
Why are they refused? Why do they return to the sender? Why am I blocked, the transfer is blocked, my account is blocked and or I can't send money via MG?
For security reasons, you can contact MG for more information by phone: 008001184913
Factor I.N. has representatives throughout the country. To find an office of a representative near you, use the locator to find an office on our website:
MoneyGram fees depend on the place of sending and receiving and the amount of the money transfer. You can use the calculator from our website or see the fees page.
We only need the correctly written full names of the recipient.
When sending to a representative’s office, the maximum amount you can send is approximately 5,000 euros.
In the case of a transfer of more than EUR 1,000, the Anti-Money Laundering Act requires the submission of a declaration of origin.
When receiving money is required a copy of an identity document.
The money is available to receive in cash minutes after sending the transfer, ndependently of payment method.
It depends on the working hours of the representative and the regulatory requirements.
Up to 45 working days.
MoneyGram offers the opportunity to send and receive money in different currencies in different countries. Contact your MoneyGram representative for more details on the currency options for your money transfer. In Bulgaria, the possible currencies for receiving a money transfer are BGN, EUR and USD, and we recommend that you find out in advance whether the office of your choice offers the desired currency.
No. If the country in which you send money allows you to receive in more than one type of currency, you as the sender choose the currency in which to receive the money.
No, the money is sent to the specific country, not to a city or to an MG office.
Contact us for more details on currency options for your money transfer.
- Make sure you provide the correct reference number
- Notify the recipient, he must bring a valid photo ID. The name of the identity document must match the name of the person receiving the money.
Please note that your name on the money transfer document must exactly match the name on your official ID. The requirements depend on the state and the representative. Contact your MoneyGram representative in the respective country for details on their procedures and rules. For additional assistance, contact us or call 0-700-17-412.
- Ask the person who send you the money for the reference number of your money transfer.
- Visit a MoneyGram office. Be sure to bring your reference number and ID.
- Fill in the receipt form in the office and hand it over to the MoneyGram representative to receive your money
You are required to present an identity document, usually one of the following:
- driving license
- personal ID
- or another official identity document.
You may be required to show an address registration document.
For / from Bulgaria can’t.
For / from Bulgaria can’t.
Yes, crediting them to a bank account can take 3-4 business days.
Phishing is a type of online fraud designed to steal your personal information, for example:
- credit card
- or other sensitive details
Phishing is usually done through an email that looks like a trusted email from MoneyGram. The email contains links that redirect you to a fake website that looks exactly like the original MoneyGram website. It’s best not to click on the links in the email. If you want to visit our site, enter the website address in your browser instead of clicking on an email link.
Here are some things to look out for if you suspect you’ve received a phishing email:
- links to a website asking you to verify your account information;
- links to a website requesting bank account or credit card numbers, usernames and passwords;
- threats that if you do not verify your account information, it will be closed;
It’s a good practice never to click on links you receive via email. Instead, enter the website address directly into your internet browser.
The best way to avoid the consequences of phishing is to carefully review the messages you receive by email to make sure they are not phishing scams, and to beware of the usual ways of cheating.
It’s a good practice to never click on links you receive via email. Instead, enter the website address directly into your internet browser.
If you suspect that you have received a phishing email, do not hesitate at all – report it immediately!
The person receiving the MoneyGram transfer must present a valid identity document and some information about the transfer.
To ensure reliable protection, keep all money transfer information confidential. It is important to know the person to whom you are sending the money.
You can use the contact form to report a fraudulent activity by selecting the “Fraud Reporting” form from the request type drop-down menu *. Please provide more details in the comments box.
* If you suspect fraud with a money transfer that has not yet been received, contact our Customer Service Center at 0-700-17-412 to cancel the transfer immediately.